Peaches & Caramel Dessert

10:00


Thought I'd try something a bit different today, and share a recipe I made for my family the other day. I can't remember where the recipe originally came from but we've been making it for years. It's for a yummy dessert with peaches, served with ice-cream.


You will need:


  • 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter
  • 5 tablespoons golden brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 6 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (however I don't always bother peeling, and you can use nectarines instead of peaches)
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  1. Melt the butter in a skillet, using medium heat.
  2. Add sugar and cinnamon and cook. 
  3. Stir often until sugar dissolves, and becomes caramelised.
  4. Add sliced peaches.
  5. Add vanilla and stir.
  6. Sauté until the peaches are soft, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
  7. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream!

Let me know if you try out this recipe!

Zoe xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks good! I'll definitely have to make this sometime. I love peaches. :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe