Monday's Musings // The time you enjoy wasting was not wasted..

17:00

Source
Something I always struggle with is feeling guilty about relaxing & not doing anything with my day. I'm constantly saying to my boyfriend "I feel really anxious because I should have done this, this and this today, I've done nothing important today, I haven't accomplished anything today." It's really difficult for me not to feel guilty for having time off & taking time away from my studies or blog or any other commitments without feeling this enormous guilt that I should be doing something more important than relaxing.

What I forget, is that when I'm ancient and looking back on my life, the most important things will be the memories I made while i was 'wasting time' in my youth. I'm meant to be out living my life and having amazing experiences, before it's too late. You never know what life has to throw at you, so it's important to take that time to make those memories.

Another thing I forget is that it's really important to take time off to de-stress and decompress. It's vital for our health and wellbeing that we aren't constantly working, and that we take some time off to chill! Some things I like to do to de-stress are to do some yoga, listen to some music, organise my desk/room, go for a walk or do some baking.

What I'm trying to say with this post is that it's 100% okay to take some time to yourself, to relax & de-stress and refresh so that you can clear your head and come back even stronger. It's really important to take time to relax and to have some fun, because we can't be focused all the time!

*Saying that however, it's vital to not go too far the other way and to never put any work in!! Balance is good :)


What do you do to relax? Do you find it easy to maintain a balance between work and play?

Love,


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I totally agree with this post!!! I'm gonna write that quote down!

    Rachel x
    thehappybits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! I'm going to print it and put it up in my room I think as a reminder! xxx

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe